Thursday, December 13, 2007

73

That's the number of push-ups I did this morning, as my quest towards 100 consecutive, good push-ups moves surprisingly forward. 73 is far better than I have ever done before. What's odd though is how thoroughly unexcited I am by the number.

In this way, it is similar to martial arts. I absolutely despise discussing martial arts with my family or co-workers unless they are genuinely interested in it, because I feel as though I cannot generate the expected level of enthusiasm for what I do on a daily basis. I've been swinging a pair of nunchaku around my head arms and groin for about 15 years, and it's second nature enough that I don't feel it something I can "show off" for others. I honestly feel that there is so much more to accomplish that I can't get excited about showing off an unfinished product. Already, I'm thinking about how 100 is cool, but I wouldn't be content with poor form. Then there are fingertip pushups, 1 handed, handstand push-ups, planches, etc.



Ow. I could probably stand to lose about 30 pounds before event attempting such feats.
Post a Comment