Friday, September 19, 2008

micro-updates


  • Next week is Welcome Week at Ohio State, which means that campus is about to be infiltrated by thousands of lost freshmen, looking for something to do with their lives beyond beer pong and studying. Hopefully, that's where we come in. We are doing several events over the next week, handing out hundreds of fliers and having an "open house" demo class on Thursday to encourage new students to join.
  • BTSD is now Twittering! We've been using Twitter this month as an experiment, and it is starting to gain acceptance. As fall quarter begins, I'll be encouraging more students to sign up for the service.
  • CTSDA has moved to it's new location in Pataskala, Ohio at the YMCA. We've successfully taught 2 weeks of classes, and our youth and adult programs are both starting very well. Hopefully as more people notice our presence and word of mouth spreads, we will grow beyond our wildest dreams! :)
  • I have 1 student up for Cho Dan, and another for E Dan in October, and they are doing very well preparing for the exam. They've gotten some good feedback and are making excellent progress.
  • We've created a library for BTSD students, consisting of all of the WTSDA books and journals, as well as several donated titles, DVDs and Videos. Already, we have a few students who have taken advantage of this service. I'm also making an Amazon wishlist for the library. Feel free to donate to it ;)


All of this in the last month, so I hope you can understand why I haven't had much time to blog! As I get into the groove with my teaching schedule, I have a few topics brewing that I want to share.
Post a Comment