Tuesday, September 30, 2008

truer words were never written:


"Instructors unfamiliar with a 'class plan' will be quick to find or develop one after the first day."


This is from a Master instructor in our Region, speaking to the perils and joys of teaching a youth class.

For years, I've done very well with a "loose" class plan for my adult classes. I know what needs to be done and how to get to the goal for the most part. I often assess my plan at the beginning of class based mostly upon who shows up and what their needs are.

I double dog-dare you to do that with your first youth class. :)

In truth, I love my kids class. All of our students have very distinct personalities and have their own unique physical and mental challenges. Even when they cause trouble, I'm still glad to have them because it gives me a chance to flex and increase my teaching ability.
Post a Comment