Friday, September 19, 2008

Youtube Roundup: Week 1.

I've decided to add a new feature to my site. I've found some excellent stuff on YouTube over last 2 years, and I'd like to share some of the more interesting things I've come across this week. That's right, I'm sifting through all the poop on youtube to bring you the pearls. You're welcome. :)

Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming lectures on Taiji (3 part series)







Very interesting insights into soft, hard, soft/hard styles. As you may know, Dr. Yang originally was an electrical engineer who worked for TI in the 1980s. I've always like his circuit analogies for Taiji, and this lecture using Ohm's law is very similar, and good for bridging that East/West confusion.


Bit Cha Ki Demo

Great use of Bit Cha Ki. It's an undervalued kick, and I really wish I could understand what he was saying about it.


Tae Gi Hyul by Master D. Segarra

Tae Gi Hyul, Version 1
Tae Gi Hyul, Version 2

This is Master Dan Segarra of the Warrior Scholar Academy demonstrating the "Big Earth Hole" form. Master Segarra was nice enough to dust off some old videos and convert them to digital and upload for us. I've never seen this form, but it's very cool to see an old piece of MDK history. You'll have to ask him if you want the details...

That's all for this week. I haven't had too much free time for browsing, but I'll have some time to waste next week! :)
Post a Comment